Your vehicle is a pretty important aspect of your life. It takes you from point A to point B, creates family fun memories, and gives the satisfaction of ownership. It is crucial that you take special care of your valuable possessions. Staying on top of your vehicle’s maintenance improves your car’s safety, betters your reliability and performance, and prevents you from costly repairs! To keep your vehicle in tip-top shape, follow our comprehensive 3 step car service guide!
- Routinely Inspect Your Vehicle – Getting through your car maintenance is actually quite simple! Most of the stuff you can do yourself from home. Check out the parts and components of your vehicle that are already one step off the checklist. This includes taking a look at fuel economy, oil levels, cleaning the brake dust off of your wheels, checking tire pressure, checking tread depth, making sure all of your lights are working, and ensuring everything under the hood looks appropriate.
- Become Familiar With Your Light Indicators – Knowing the different lights will save you from a worsening service situation. Here’s a few and their meaning.
- Check Engine Light: This light typically indicates an issue with the components of your vehicle’s motor that contains sensors attached to and monitored by your vehicle’s OBD-II interface. There are over 400 codes that may trigger your check engine light. If you don’t have an OBD scanner, ask a professional to do it for you.
- Service Engine Light: This light indicates a past due or upcoming maintenance your vehicle may need. Your vehicle’s manual may provide the meaning of this light indicator.
- ABS Warning Light: If this light indicator shows up you need to take your vehicle to the nearest automotive shop as soon as possible for a proper diagnosis. This light indicates that there is an issue with your anti-lock braking system that keeps your vehicle stable and in control in sudden stops.
- Coolant Warning Light: This means your vehicle is overheating! Pull over until your vehicle cools down. Do NOT attempt to open the radiator cap until your vehicle has cooled down given that the cooling system is highly pressurized.
- Track Your Vehicle’s Maintenance With Technology – There are plenty of apps where you can stay up to date on your car service and maintenance right from the palm of your hand! These apps allow you access to everything including service records, upcoming maintenance, mileage history, and a lot more convenient features. Here is a list of apps to use: aCar, AutoCare, Car Maintenance Reminder, Car Minder Plus, and Road Trip!
Making sure your vehicle is running properly and effectively is quite easy. If you’re not sure how to take action on a car service issue that may arise, check your manual or ask a professional. Visit the Delray Mitsubishi full service center for the best team of car service pros on your next maintenance or service check. We offer outstanding prices and guaranteed customer service satisfaction! Click on our homepage for dealer information!